Spence 1
Travon Spence
02-18-16
Ms. Newman
Sen. English
Elevator
Pitch
Do
you wish to expand your IQ in basketball? You’ve came to the right person. I
want to help those who want to better themselves in basketball. What I do is
break down the basic steps of basketball all the way down to understanding
plays. This is important to me because I was in slump when it came down to understanding
the basic steps that needed to be taken in order to better myself in every
area. So I wish to help others get out of that same slump.
To
begin this project, you must know the most important thing about basketball is
you must devote as much time in it as you can to get better. The first step to
basketball is ball handling. This is first step because it is the most
important. You will probably spend more time on this step more than any other. In
order to get better, I suggest looking at specific drills online that you can
do to get quicker with your hands. Other things to look at are developing a
jump shot. This is also very important because without a reliable shot, your
ball handling is useless.
Some
resources to use while taking these steps are, the book called “The Basketball
Playbook”. This is what I use most of the time. This book gives “tips-
and-tricks” on how to recognize plays offensively and defensively. It also
helps you understand plays being called by your team. It simply breaks down all
the steps. I also will be receiving help from a teammate of mine. I believe he
can help because he has more experience than me.
By
the end of this project you will have a better understanding of basketball and
further your IQ in basketball. This will be better for you in the future and
take you further.
No comments:
Post a Comment